APFS and iTunes - "There is not enough room" error

nutmac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
My iTunes library is on an external disk. On a whim, I converted the disk to APFS. Oops. Adding new files to the library now triggers "There is not enough room on “<disk name>” to copy all of the requested files. iTunes will copy as many files as possible." error.

casperes1996

macrumors 601
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
My iTunes library is on an external disk. On a whim, I converted the disk to APFS. Oops. Adding new files to the library now triggers "There is not enough room on “<disk name>” to copy all of the requested files. iTunes will copy as many files as possible." error.

Full disk conversion or a partition?

Comment

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
How much free space does macOS say you have?

Comment

nutmac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
One more interesting behavior is that iTunes library on external APFS volume CANNOT be ejected unless you resort to "Force Eject".

Full disk conversion or a partition?
Full disk conversion.

How much free space does macOS say you have?
918.86 GB available space, way more than enough for files that I am trying to add.

Comment

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
I've been getting similar issues throughout the betas with different apps (savings images from Safari to the downloads folder sometimes results in "Not enough disk space", etc.). The only workaround seems to be restarting my iMac. Things seems to work normally for a while after that.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.