API (Direct X)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by grizzelda73, Mar 5, 2018.

1. grizzelda73 macrumors member

Assuming I am in the appropriate category, and I apologize if not I would just like to find out if the MacOS has a corresponding utility to what in Windows was called 'Dxdiag' a small program that tested the video & audio capabilities. I believe it was a part of Direct X. Thank you.

2. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

What exactly do you want to find out?

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can try CUDA-Z.

3. grizzelda73 thread starter macrumors member

I am sorry I should have asked if anyone knew of an app or some facility to be able to display in visual form the capabilities of the graphics package ie the intel iris 640 combined with the Retina display. In the Windows Directx the display was a simple animation via 3 cubes turning & tumbling at various speeds textures and colors, lasting about 90 seconds.

4. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Sadly I don't know of one, but as you can find out what GPU you have via About This Mac, you can then use a www search engine of your choice to find more information about it, if it is capable of OpenCl or Cuda or Metal and such. It is a bit cumbersome, but DxDiag does not seem to have an equivalent on macOS.

Well, using "dxdiag mac" as search terms I came upon a reddit thread which pointed to this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/opengl-extensions-viewer/id444052073?l=en&mt=12

5. grizzelda73 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you the link was very welcome.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---