Aple skimping features?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jasonbot, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

[I already submitted this but heres the exact post:

This morning after checking the new features on boot camp I came across a small block of text boasting faster bootcamp restarts, this afternoon I looked again and it was gone. It still appeared in google cache though (after a quick web cache)

This mornings page can be seen here:
    [​IMG]

The updated one can be seen here:
    [​IMG]

It seems that Apple has revoked this. Could it be possible that Apple is already using its disclaimer to its full potential? Is Apple already skimping Leopard features?

EDIT: change title please

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

It may be a little harsh to say they're skimping features. They may just want to do more testing before they say that or they may just want to reword it. Steve said something about that yesterday, or maybe I just remember reading about it using sleep mode so I doubt the faster reboot feature will disappear.

3. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

First iChat, now this.
    Someone pointed out that it effectively kills Parallels for some people but I doubt that's the reason.
    I wonder what's going on; why take it down on day 2?

EDIT: Just noticed that the link to .Mac is dead on the bottom navigational feature.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Kinda disturbing...It was first noticed missing about 6PM last night in another thread. So it was basically up for 6 hours....I'm hopefully that it will still be a feature in the shipping version. Maybe they don't want to scare away the developers of Parallels and VMWare?

Screen sharing is still there, in the Finder and in iChat...but it looks like it might now work over local networks and through a .Mac pseudo-VPN. Definitely not as cool as when it looked you could to that with any iChat user.

The ".Mac" is a just heading...you can still access .Mac through either the Learn More or Login links below that heading.

5. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Haha, how stupid. Bad design though, imo.