Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jontah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Hey!

I've been running Apogee Duet Firewire for 2 years now, been working good.

I installed the latest drivers and was good to go.. today I tried to update the firmware for my SSD harddrive and it failed, when I got back my soundcard didn't work.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for my apogee duet firewire and it's the same, it simply doesn't work. I can see the soundcard working when playing a song but I don't hear anything.

When checking the input and output I don't see it as "duet" anymore, it's now "unknown".

I've tried to install latest drivers, checking for that DuetDaemon in my activity panel but it's not there.

And when trying to open Maestro it doesn't load at all...

What should I do? please help.

I'm working with music production so I need a fix for this quick as hell.

Tried to install the soundcard on another MAC which is owned by my mother and it worked perfectly fine.

Best,
J

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
yes I have, that's the one I've been installing..

yeah but is there no other way? I don't want to lose everything..

Who said you'd lose everything - back up your files and then do a clean install; you can spend hours trying to track down a settings file or do a clean install and restore it under an hour.

jontah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Who said you'd lose everything - back up your files and then do a clean install; you can spend hours trying to track down a settings file or do a clean install and restore it under an hour.

How do I do a clean install then? without having to delete everything? also, does this not stack with the current install and takes up alot of space?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.