Apogee GiO: Pedal Controller?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tigercat212, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Tigercat212 macrumors regular

Hey!

Is the Apogee GiO (http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/gio.php) used to control stompboxes from Logic Studio? Even if that is not the main purpose, can I do this?

Basically, I am looking to easily activate and change stompboxes and effects that are pre-loaded in Logic. Can I do this with this?

Thanks!

2. apogeeguy macrumors newbie

Yes it does!

Hi Tigercat212 -
    I'm Sean from Apogee. I saw your post in a google search and thought I'd answer.
    GiO is built specifically for Logic 9, GarageBand 09 and MainStage 2. You can turn Logic's Pedalboard effects on and off from GiO, as well as control Logic's transport. You can also set GiO up to toggle thru effects presets. So if you have several presets of effects groups, GiO can navigate thru those via the Previous/Next buttons.

Let me know if that answers your questions, and thanks for your interest!

Sean

3. Tigercat212 thread starter macrumors regular

Hello Sean!

Will this also work on Logic Express?

4. apogeeguy macrumors newbie

Absolutely!

5. JoLeFo macrumors newbie

JoLeFo

Looper

I have previously been using looper pedals like the line6 DL4 and the Boss models.
    I've really missed the opportunity to record loops in layers and then punch out/in of these layers on the fly.
    Theres plenty of solutions for electric guitar, and i'm quite happy with my live gear setup, but i'm still struggling to settle for a setup for my acoustic gigs.
    The closest to a somewhat 'perfect' live acoustic sound i've been, is running the guitar through logic with added plugs.

It would be awsome to have acess to the plugins of logic in a live situation, but i havent really found the interface / controller to make a setup suited for live performances.
    Is it possible to set up Logic with the GIO so i can use Logic as a advanced looper device?
    :rolleyes: J

6. paulo mello macrumors newbie

Apogee GIO is a MIDI Ground foot NOT programable

Hey everybody!
    I am really upset with my APOGEE GIO, I can not program it's MIDI parameters
    control to use with my Waves GTR 3.5, The Apogee support sad that's impossible, but they will take to their Engineering team.
    The GIO's software is so limited and I am really thinking to sell GIO and buy a FC1010 from Behringer, at least it's programable.If anybody knows how to program GIO's midi parameters please let me know
    regards bud
    Paulo