Apogee Jam Guitar Adaptor

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Zethca, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Zethca macrumors regular

Anyone order one of these? According to Apple's online store they're shipping in 2-3 weeks. Anyone hear of them appearing at retail locations?

I'm really interested in plugging my guitar into GarageBand and using some good guitar monitoring headphones as a portable amp solution since I refuse to lug my tube amp to my GFs apartment just to mess around.

[​IMG]

2. sam2428 macrumors 6502

I wanted to get one of these too! Wondering the same thing...

Would be nice to have to record on your ipad on the go :D

3. The Doop macrumors member

I ordered one from Apple.com when they announced it. Says it ships April 4th and arrives on the 8th. I've been using the Peavey iLink with GarageBand iPad and it sounds horrible. It's weird because the iLink sounds pretty good through Ampkit and Amplitube. Starting to wonder if it's just GarageBand having crappy Amp/Effects. I'm just hoping the Apogee Jam renders better output. They make great products for Mac only so hopefully the quality improves once I plug this puppy in.

I really like the fact that it works on Macs as well. Will be nice to not have to lug around a breakout box. Oh and inline gain control doesn't hurt either. I'll post a review as soon as I get it.