Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zethca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Anyone order one of these? According to Apple's online store they're shipping in 2-3 weeks. Anyone hear of them appearing at retail locations?

I'm really interested in plugging my guitar into GarageBand and using some good guitar monitoring headphones as a portable amp solution since I refuse to lug my tube amp to my GFs apartment just to mess around.

apogee_jam.jpg

The Doop

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
I ordered one from Apple.com when they announced it. Says it ships April 4th and arrives on the 8th. I've been using the Peavey iLink with GarageBand iPad and it sounds horrible. It's weird because the iLink sounds pretty good through Ampkit and Amplitube. Starting to wonder if it's just GarageBand having crappy Amp/Effects. I'm just hoping the Apogee Jam renders better output. They make great products for Mac only so hopefully the quality improves once I plug this puppy in.

I really like the fact that it works on Macs as well. Will be nice to not have to lug around a breakout box. Oh and inline gain control doesn't hurt either. I'll post a review as soon as I get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.