Apogee One, iTunes - output panning

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by pajczur, Nov 17, 2013.

1. pajczur macrumors newbie

Hello,
    At the beginning, sorry for my english.
    My question seems to be simple, but I can'n find the answer in google, gearslutz, and different music/recording/engineering forums. So that's why I create new thread.
    If anybody know the way how can I easily panning between left/right canal using Apogee One for iPads/iPhone/Mac?
    Without Apogee One, I can panning music in System Preferences/Sound. But after connect Apogee One, possibility of panning disappears.
    Sometimes, I need to panning some music from iTunes, to focus or isolate some instrument to hear it better. I think panning is basic and simple possibility, and it is frustrating for me, if I only want for a moment check something in left or right canal and for that I need to switch Headphones from Apogee One, and connect directly to Mac, and after then change output settings in System preferences /Sound to Built In staff, or different way is to copy song to DAW, and after then I can panning it in DAW.
    If anybody know the easier way to panning? Maybe I need some new software?
    Please help me.

2. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's possible with the Maestro software.

But you could use something like Audio Hijack Pro?

3. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

I don't have any experience with Apogee stuff, but the software mixers bundled with interfaces usually enable you to pan any input or output. Have you checked to make sure you can't do this in Maestro?