Apogee One Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Rasan, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Rasan macrumors member

Hi!

I am planning to buy a MBA and, besides other things, use it for mobile recording.

Since the MBA only has a USB2 Port, and there is no Thunderbolt to FW adapter yet, i'm thinking about getting a Apogee One, for it is very portable and has great reputation. Most of the recording will be my guitar amp with a dynamic mic, vocals with condenser mic, and bass guitar through line.

Has anyone experience with this interface, especially with the MBA? I figured Lion could be a problem, so i wanted to check before i buy the device.

Thanks a lot.

2. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

Apogee One uses USB 2.0 and is supported in Lion. You can download the newest drivers on apogeedigital.com

There are no USB to Firewire or Thunderbolt to FireWire adapters out there.

Apogee has dropped FireWire like Apple did. Current USB 2.0 drivers perform as good if not better than the FireWire drivers. Apogee will go for USB and Thunderbolt in future.

I recommend you buying the Apogee One or Apogee Duet 2 (new). Both are great products and offer best quality for its price.

3. Rasan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot, thats exactly what i wanted to hear. I will go for the one, as the duet is currently out of my price range. I saw a One for 150€ used, is that a fair deal? It has a small crack on the casing.