Apogee one + Numark Mixtrack Pro ??

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by sam2428, Sep 28, 2011.

1. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Hello, i tried searching google and found nothing that helped. Also, the Numark forum is "currently unavailable".

Basically I want to set up a small home studio: iMac with Apogee one, monitors, and midi keyboard. I also want to get into some Djing as well and was planning on buying a Numark Mixtrack Pro. I started thinking about how it would all work and be set up, but I am a little lost (sorry I am new to all of this).

Anyone have any insight on how this is will connect and work? I want to be able to use headphones plugged into the Mixtrack Pro but also have the audio output through the Apogee one (to my monitors).....is this possible?

Is there another controller that would be better? Or perhaps a different audio interface? Is this something the software i use could control? (I will be using virtual DJ at first since that it what comes with the mixtrack pro)

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I'm not a big fan of the cable dongle that Apogee requires. there are many audio interfaces that have all the outputs you need on the back of the box. For output only you don't need to spend a lot. What's expensive are good mic ppreamps and you are not neededing those

3. sam2428 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, do you have any suggestions?

Also, I will need some decent mic preamps as well. I do some music production as a hobby and will be recording both acoustic guitar and vocals (sorry, i didnt specify in the original post).

I forgot to mention....the dongle style doesnt bother me. I am more curious to know if and/or how I can make it work the way I want with the Apogee One. Would getting a Mixtrack Pro be even worth it? Or would it make more sense to get the cheaper Mixtrack without the built in interface.

Thanks!