Apollo / Mobile Chat Crash as soon as I open them

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Maroonie, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Maroonie macrumors member

Maroonie

Anyone else having this issue or know how to cure it?

ty

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I don't have that kind of problem, but they're really buggy right now so you might want to wait till a newer version comes out... I can't even login to MSN

3. cmuench macrumors member

4. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

I too have the same problem. Sent them an email, I'm sure they are aware. Just have to wait I suppose for a new release.

edit: Just realised that it does work. Sorta.

It's fine with MSN and AIM on my home wifi connection. Yet it does crash when trying to use my work's wifi connection when I try to log on, even though I can use safari and use the iTunes store.

So it seems to be a network problem at the moment. Hopefully a new version of Apollo can get around it. Unfortunately, I can't root around on my Work's wifi and find out what's affecting Meebo.

5. gvegastiger macrumors regular

I just quit trying bc I had to first install the BSM something or other and it kept crashing during the install process.

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

a few things I have noticed about Apollo

First of all, this is the ONLY 3rd party app that I keep in my root /Applications/ folder

Second, if you have symlinked all of your Applications (ie, 'made more room for hacks') and have Apollo with your native ipod/iphone apps this will happen alot (or at least it did for me)

Thirds, MSN requires SSL which requires the BSD framework
    Like I said, i try to keep as much separation between the apple apps and the 3rd party apps. I've spent the last two days trying to make my ipod as stable as possible before I start putting all my music/media back on.

My solution to this was to create a folder called 'Widgets' in my Media_sym folder and then create the folder /private/var/Applications. I seperated all my ipod/iphone apps (ie, mail, safari, notes, etc) from my 3rd party apps and then symlink'd /private/var/applications to /Widgets.

Fourth, make sure that your chmod is correct (ie, everytime I make a change or add an app, even with Installer.app i chmod the /private/var/applications folder and the /Applications/ folder to chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/ && chmod -Rf a+x /private/var/Applications

hope that helps
    Arisian