Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meerkatdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Please can you help? I've got a problem with my phone and I have had a family emergency over the last couple of days which has made it nigh on impossible to research.

I have iPhone 5. It's unresponsive after 5 minutes on the phone. It was a problem that showed up a few weeks ago but it only happened a couple of times now and then and I kick myself for not sorting it out then. Now it happens all the time. I can't switch during calls and have missed two important phone calls. The end call button does not work, the phone won't switch off with the home or power off button whether pressing or holding down unless previous caller hangs up and even then sometimes it doesn't work. With everything going on, the other caller (family) has forgotten to put the phone down and i can do nothing with my phone. Previously if someone hung up, the phone became responsive. I can't use this. I called Orange and they were closed. I have Apple care but they closed at quarter to eight. I've never had a problem with an Apple product before. Sorry for the short post. I love the phone, but I can't rely on it. Please can you advise quickest way to resolve. I'm 40 minutes from nearest store but I don't know if I'll be able to get in any time soon. Would that be quickest. I would get payg as a standby, but I would be afraid to complicate matters with other numbers.

Any help most appreciated.

Kind regards
Ross

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Back up your phone. Restore iOS 5 as if it was a new phone. Don't restore your backup yet.

Does the 'as new' phone still have the problem? If not then restore your back up and see if it is still fixed. If it does still have the problem then you may need to go to an Apple store.

Meerkatdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Just wanted to say thank you. It's fine now. Well I haven't bothered with any apps for the time being I'm just glad the phone is working. Thanks for such a quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.