Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

"Username"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
so my apostrophe key just randomly gets stuck and sometimes starts hitting continuously after pressing certain keys like p even though i never press the apostrophe key.

the problem first started when my battery was so low it wouldnt load and then it went away for awhile. i now got my battery changed and after a day of having my new battery the problem is back.its not as bad as before but still very annoying.i really wouldn't wan't to take my computer to the apple store since i just paid 200€ for the battery change and cant really afford it. is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
[QUOTE="Username";16639176]so my apostrophe key just randomly gets stuck and sometimes starts hitting continuously after pressing certain keys like p even though i never press the apostrophe key.

the problem first started when my battery was so low it wouldnt load and then it went away for awhile. i now got my battery changed and after a day of having my new battery the problem is back.its not as bad as before but still very annoying.i really wouldn't wan't to take my computer to the apple store since i just paid 200€ for the battery change and cant really afford it. is there anything i can do to fix this problem?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the keyboard itself is on it's way out. It's worthwhile trying a PRAM reset though - that can fix random problems with a keyboard :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.