Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
App Admin - A tweak for the app store that allows you to downgrade your apps to any previous versions still hosted by Apple.

I've been using App Admin for about a week, and have found it quite useful.
For example, I always hated using the Facebook app due to it's mandatory Messenger counterpart requirement, along with horrible battery killing background usage. After I deleted the FB app, I re downloaded the app, but this time downgraded to a lower version (10), which has the older interface along with built in Messenger. However, I haven't tested the background usage yet.
No problems so far with this free tweak with any others I have installed. Hopefully this app works for you too!

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The same repo as AppAdmin also offers Facebook++ along with two other Facebook downgrade tweaks. I find them a bit more robust.

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
The good thing with AA is that is uses older but solid OEM software with no mods added into it directly from Apple approved data banks.
I used to use FB++, but I started having issues with it. What names are the other downgrade tweaks?

Macinoah

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2016
Is there any way I can transfer my apps to my Mac or PC?
[doublepost=1470855904][/doublepost]Because iTunes won't transfer my downgraded apps.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
[doublepost=1470855904][/doublepost]Because iTunes won't transfer my downgraded apps.

I think iTunes stopped transferring purchases in iOS 9. Not sure if there is a way to transfer apps to your computer using iTunes

There is a method on the computer to download older versions of apps similar to app admin, but it is much less user friendly

There might also be third party programs that let you transfer purchases/apps (none that I'm aware of)

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Ive had issues with facebook not loading after version 50, always crashing on startup

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Not via iTunes. They stopped letting you sync apps (new and old).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.