App Advice: Project/Task Management For A Team

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by deejhorton, Jun 23, 2011.

1. deejhorton macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I am looking for an app that handles projects and organizes tasks associated with the project. (There are lots of apps that do this). I need one that syncs across multiple iPads.

Our team sets up training seminars and there are about 500 tasks that need to be accomplished prior to and during the seminars to ensure a successful event. Each member of the team has an iPad. I need an app that can "assign" a task to a member and have it checked off the list when it's completed. Maybe it syncs in the cloud, or we all log into one account.

Any suggestions?

2. weenie macrumors member

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I am using Wunderlist in a similar way.

I create project(s) for each member reporting to me in Wunderlist, then share respective project(s) with each member. So only the shared member and I could see that project's tasks.

I create the task inside each of those project(s), and each member checks them off when completed.

Wunderlist is free, and each member could load it on iPhone, Mac, Windows PC and synch across all their platforms.

This way I could check on each project progress by checking on the task status.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just for keeping track of tasks.. Our team uses wunderlist. They also have a website that you can use along with an app for the ipad and iphone. We like it a lot.

4. deejhorton thread starter macrumors newbie

Does everyone have to use the same wanderlust account in order to work off the same project/task list, or can they each have their own login?

Thanks for the suggestions... if this works, we'll be set!

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Different log in. You can share the tasks folders. The way we have it setup. Each persons name is a folder. As the pm I have access to all. We also have a master folder that everyone has access too. If you log in with same address you use to share they can only see those folders you shared with tem. Hope this makes sense.

Me and the other poster were thinking alike!

6. CrockettGTO macrumors regular

This is a good comparison of about 40ish different project management tools. They aren't all specific to iOS or iPad per se however many of them have a web interface and mobile view that is tailored for mobile browsers. I have been looking for a good robust solution for this for months and came across this article
    http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/02/43-project-management-software-alternatives

Currently I am evaluating a few of these and "basecamp" and "smartsheet" are currently in the lead. I am really hoping for the Omni Group to release Omniplan for the iPad soon.
    Anyway, good luck