Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZeroDivide

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I need some advice.

I have a lot of architecture plans that have been scanned as tiff files. Each set has around 13 tiff images associated with it, e.g. floor plan, roof plan, elevation plan. Currently, I have each set placed into a folder.

I would like to be able to search/query my plans by certain fields. Maybe I want to see all my plans that are less than 60' wide and 2 story.

I have been looking at bento but I am not sure I can add multiple files to a record. Other than that, bento looks cool. Also, one thing that I like is that I can attach a picture to a record so I can see what the house looks like. I would then like to be able to drill down to the other files if the record looks promising.

I know this is asking for a lot but to have something that would work on ipad would be great for when I am outside in the field. I could always purchase a macbook air if no other options exist for the ipad.

Any advice for me? Do I need a database application?

Jason Edwards

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Bento would be perfect for this and you can add multiple files/photos to a record. You should download the trial and give it a shot.

Jason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.