App/Automator Script to Batch Convert htm Files to jpg?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wad11656, Aug 7, 2010.

1. wad11656 macrumors member

Feb 20, 2009

Well, I have a collection of .htm files saved onto my Mac hard drive. I want to convert them to .jpg files--all at once. I found a Windows program that could do it, but when it converted them, it would not retain the original file names. It gave them a sequential file name, i.e. _1.jpg, _2.jpg, _3.jpg ~ _263.jpg. There is no option to retain the original file names...:/

EDIT: (i.e. marketingtable.htm > marketingtable.jpg)

So my question is, is there an Automator process that could batch convert .htm files to .jpg? Or is there an app for Mac that can batch convert .htm files to image (.jpg) files?

I usually am able to find the answer to all my questions with Google, and this time I thought I had as well with the Windows app, but it brought upon too much of a feat for me to handle.

(Also, if there's an Automator process to batch rename files using a .txt file as a reference for the new names of the files, that'd be awesome as well. Thanks!)

Please help me out if you have any input to give at all!
  2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

Aug 16, 2005
  3. wad11656 thread starter macrumors member

Feb 20, 2009
    On the Windows desktop app, there are settings to simulate a 800x600, 1024x768 & (something else I don't remember) resolution AND gives you the option to resize the converted images on the fly. Only thing it's the .jpg files their original file names from before the conversion!

And thanks for the Firefox addon ideas. However, I already have one that can save the complete page, save a portion of the page, etc. as an image, but I have over 200 htm files stored and don't want to take a pic of each one using the addon. Not to mention, the filenames are " screen capture," so I'd still have to rename each image.

Thank you very much for responding!:apple: