App Beta installation help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Singin Hobo, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Singin Hobo macrumors regular

Hey all,
    I got invited to join a beta for a program but due to a mix-up they only sent the package with the software and not instructions for installing it. I sent in a request for help but they must have already gone home and I'd like to get them feedback by tomorrow to take advantage of an offer... here is what I've got:
    [​IMG]
    That second file is a *.mobileprovision file. The other has a *.app filetype when I view the info, but simply dropping it in the App folder doesn't seem to work out for me.
    Any suggestions?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hook up your phone, open iTunes, drop provision file on iTunes, drop app file in iTunes.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

You have to drag the provision file into iTunes too.

4. Singin Hobo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I was afraid I'd done it right :( It says it can't install b/c of lack of signature. Thanks for the help.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It means that the developer hasn't added you to the provision file yet. If you can jailbreak a program called AppSync will let you use it.

6. Singin Hobo thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, I had to email them to get the package. They probably never got my original UDID submission. That helps a lot. Thanks.