Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I am wrapping up my first app and I know I have seen a guideline or check list to go over, and the process of submitting it to Apple. I did a Google search but could not find it with my search criteria.

Can some one direct me to the page or doc's with this information.

Thanks!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I am reading through the rejection list of why apple rejects apps and 3.2 says
3.2 Apps with placeholder text will be rejected

Does this refer to placeholder text in textFields like"Enter Name" or something else?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I am reading through the rejection list of why apple rejects apps and 3.2 says

Does this refer to placeholder text in textFields like"Enter Name" or something else?

No, I'd imagine that would be for things more along the lines of:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet...
(Although maybe not, given how often Apple uses Lorem ipsum in their own Mac OS X apps...)

In the next version, this section will contain...
(This is probably exactly what Apple means.)

If you were using an iPhone instead of an iPod Touch, you'd see a button here to...
(I believe the proper thing to do in this situation is to simply omit the button... having empty space is better aesthetically than an excuse for leaving out a feature.)

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I have been reading for the past hour now. So much stuff to go thought. It seems better to just submit it and if it gets rejected deal with those issues then.

My next app that I am starting after this will be for a visitors show that I produce in my home town. I want tourist to download the app and then I will have a list of names on my website that is downloaded to create a list of people who are on my show which changes every month. I saw this on the Docs

2.7 Apps that download code in any way or form will be rejected

I am assuming that downloading a list with names in a text Document is not code. I am sure they mean code that. will alter something

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I have been reading for the past hour now. So much stuff to go thought. It seems better to just submit it and if it gets rejected deal with those issues then.

Just submit already. You can read over that stuff once you're waiting for review. If you find out you've done something wrong later on, you can hit the developer reject button and submit another copy of your app. Your app has about a 99% chance of having gone through review within a week of you submitting it to Apple. (Although Apple actually took 12 days to review, and ultimately reject, 1.1 of my app, on account of me including banner ads that too closely resembled iAds.)

I am assuming that downloading a list with names in a text Document is not code. I am sure they mean code that. will alter something

Downloading a text document is fine. Apple's making sure that you don't have an app approved that does one thing, and then you suddenly have it download code that lets it do several other things that they don't approve of.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Cool, I will create the icon tonight and fill in the details for version number and other things it needs.

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.