App clutter

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by azcoyote, Apr 16, 2015.

1. azcoyote macrumors member

Will we have the ability to choose which apps appear on our Apple Watches? So many of the apps on my iPhone are being updated to be Apple Watch compatible. I don't necessarily want all of them showing up on my Apple Watch. Having too many apps will make it cumbersome finding the apps I actually want to use. Unlike my iPhone, I won't be able to use search on the Apple Watch to quickly launch an app. So I'm hoping we'll have the option of removing apps from the watch we prefer to use on the iPhone only.

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Of course you will. Everything is managed using the Watch app on the iPhone.

3. JerryCooke macrumors regular

JerryCooke

Screenshots of the companion app and details on the home screen indicate that apps are re-arrangeable and so I'd be shocked if it were not possible to also control which are shown :)

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Considering we don't have the ability to hide an installed app on our iPhones (something BlackBerry's been able to do on their home screen for years, bleh), and considering there are no folders on the Watch OS home screen like there are on the iOS, it's gonna get cluttered.

5. kovey macrumors 6502a

Why the hell would you want to hide an app? If you don't want or use the app, uninstall it.

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Try uninstalling Tips, Voice Memo, Newsstand, Calculator, Weather, Stocks...

7. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Thx for your nice signature info graphic. Helped me understand the interface better than when I was in the apple store.

Only thing I was wondering, double tapping the crown does not always get you back to the watchface, but only when you're in the main menu? otherwise, when inside an app it will just activate the "multitasking manager" ?

8. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Besides apps like stocks and tips that you can't uninstall, I also have a couple apps I use for the widgets/extensions that I'd rather not have appear. I'd love to see something similar to Apple TV where we can chose to hide any apps in the settings.

9. menace3 macrumors 6502

menace3

I plan to simply create a folder labeled Apple Watch to collect any stray apps i'm installing just for the watch. Easy way to organize or to easily delete the app from both devices.

10. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta