App --> Dashboard Widget???

McT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I just downloaded SeisMac and I want to run it all the time through dashboard. Is this possible?

For those who don't want to click the link, SeisMac is a small program that turns your laptops' Sudden Motion Sensor into a real-time seismograph. It's cool in a widget kinda-way, but it's not a widget :(

* I searched the forums for widgets and programming but all I got was threads for actually programming widgets from scratch. I no know programming :p

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
i don't believe you can as of yet. but when leopard comes out there is a widget making program included, so that should be able to do it, although in the keynote presentation, steve jobs did only demonstrate it working with webpages.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
PYR0M310N said:
i don't believe you can as of yet. but when leopard comes out there is a widget making program included, so that should be able to do it, although in the keynote presentation, steve jobs did only demonstrate it working with webpages.
It only works with webpages. Widgets are basically small webpages which is why that works so well. The ability of that widget maker is built into Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.