App deployment for enterprise.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iisdmitch, May 20, 2011.

1. iisdmitch macrumors member

I work for a private university and recently our IT department has purchase several iPads for testing purposes. We are testing multiple apps for different reasons, some free some pay for. My question, does anyone know a way to maybe purchase multiple licences for an app and some how deploy them to iOS devices? I know this can be done with custom apps but how about purchase apps?

2. RayK macrumors 6502

We do this at our school. We had to contact Apple. Our rep helped us out with this immensely. If you have a sales rep ask him. He would be best to ask.

As far as development. Sign up for iOS development. It's $99 a year at developer.apple.com and then you can develop and test on iPads/iPhones. If you don't need to test on the actual devices you can download xcodecfrom the Mac app store.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Xcode is available in the Mac App store, but you could also download an earlier version of Xcode for free at Apple's developer support site. This could be a more cost effective solution if multiple developers are onboard for evaluation of iOS development.

-C

Sent from my iPad

4. iisdmitch thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot. You definitely pointed me in the right direction!

5. rworne macrumors 6502

If you got the developer's license, the Xcode 4 is free. And if you do any kind of Mac coding and tinkering, the $99 is a small price to pay to see your app running on real hardware.

6. finchwizard macrumors member

finchwizard