App details in app store search results?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kalabalik, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Kalabalik macrumors newbie

So I just picked up an Ipad Air, which is my first ios product ever, and I feeling like an ****** idiot for asking this, but the app store is driving me nuts. If I search for something in store, I get a long list of different matches and I can see all these tiles with pictures, names and prices for all the apps that match my search. Great. But what if I want to go to the individual store pages for these apps and read more about them, what do I do? Tapping them doesn't work. Nothing I have tried works.

I assume I must be missing something here. Surely I can't be expected to pay for and download apps based on their names and thumbnail pics?

2. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

This is a possible answer. I have two apps that need updating and neither app will update this morning. I tried to download a new app, and it wouldn't work. It's possible that Apple's server is super busy this morning with people buying new iPads, so I'd give it some time. It took a long time, and several tries to get iOS 7 downloaded on its release day, so hang in. ;)

3. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

After a few attempts over the past 20 minutes, my apps updated. I'm going with busy server, so keep trying.

P.S. Try downloading a free app like Google Maps, and see if it gets you any where.

4. Kalabalik thread starter macrumors newbie