App developed military design copyright question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by adildacoolset, Jun 14, 2012.

1. adildacoolset, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

adildacoolset macrumors 65816

Okay, so I'm developing this game. It's not a programming question. So I'm developing this game, its an aerial combat game. I don't have time to do multiple jets, so I'm only doing one, which is the eurofighter typhoon.

I want to know if I have permission to use it. I emailed eurofighter, and they didn't answer. I heard that there is a rule that non-confidential military designs are allowed to be used freely. But does it apply to a european airplane? Is it false? There is just too much of a risk.

Being 15, I don't want any cease and desist letters. So I'm kindly asking the community, what should I do?

2. AnimaLeo macrumors 6502

3. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

your title is too vague for you to attract the attention/answer you want.. you are looking for a legal interpretation so I would re-title this thread with something that will attract someone who knows something about the law.

I just know about breaking it.

But I would agree with the other poster. and to that add, your game should be so lucky to be that good the it brings down the wrath of Eurofighter. And if it IS that good, and Eurofighter does decide to pick on a 15 year old, well, that's called free advertising.

But again, I am no lawyer.

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

I wouldn't worry at all. They really don't' have the time to care about your game. Plus it gives them free publicity.

Stuff like this reminds me why I despite patents and copyrights...

5. adildacoolset thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, any suggestion for a good title?

----------

I hate 'em too! Sure they are meant to protect products, but nowadays it's so ridiculous. I mean, people can't even post a picture of traffic unless they pixelate the badges of cars! Unless they go through a registration process.

6. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

use words like European, military design, copyright, legal...

E.g. App Dev. Military Design Copyrights Question

7. adildacoolset thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks a lot. Changed!

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not sure how this wasn't obvious, but a legal question with possible financial implications should be posed to a lawyer, not an anonymous internet forum.