Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Hi guys, I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I'll go ahead and ask again. First let me explain my situation. I have no prior experience developing on any platform and have no development knowledge. I do have a little HTML knowledge, but that's as far as it goes. I'm an entrepreneur at heart and the App Store is too much of a gold mine to miss. So, I want to learn everything I need to know about developing applications. From Objective-C to Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, ETC. My question is, where do I start? I want to accomplish this by reading books and just need to know what books to buy that will get me going. Please give me some advice... MANY thanks!

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Two books I highly recommend:

1. Programming in Objective-C by Stephen Kochran for the basics of Obj-C. The book assume no prior coding knowledge. Great step-by-steps. Amazon link.

2. The iPhone Developer's Cookbook by Erica Sadun. Great introduction to iPhone-specific Obj-Coding. Amazon link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.