App Development Help

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Zord, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I am beginning work on my very first iPhone App and I have spent probably about 4 days looking at all the available information and videos about how to go about starting to building an app.

My hope in this post is to reach out to the Mac Rumors community for any help that you guys may be able to share with me i.e. Good books on the subject, great websites that help with designing and building an app or just some personal experience that you would like to share on this subject would be great!

I'm just starting out with all of this and I have never developed an app before.

Any help that you guys could share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

Sorry I didn't provide some background. . . The app I wanna create will be a organizational type of app. Upcoming events, reminders. . things like that.

I have NO background with any program languages, this is totally from scratch for me.

Thank you for the links B!

4. firewood macrumors 604

You have to learn to program, before you can complete an app. It can take anywhere from many weeks to years to learn how to write programs, so I suggest you concentrate on that first (in any educational programming language), and ignore iPhone app development, until you develop some basic programming skills. Then the particulars of the language used for iPhone development (Objective C) will seem a lot easier.