App Download Password Request

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TonyBaloney, Jun 8, 2010.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

I was wondering if there was some way to make it so the iPad doesn't ask me for my password whenever I download something from the store. The same question goes for the iPod touch. thanks

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Don't think so, although you could buy your apps on the desktop using iTunes and sync them. Also coalesce your purchases, once you're authenticated you can download and update more apps for some period of time without typing the password each time.

3. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

I have apps from two different accounts on my iPad and for some reason the iPad always asks for the password for the wrong account when I'm updating an app. Then, of course, it won't allow it to update, so I'm forced to download the update from my home computer rather than directly from the iPad.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

4. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Appstore > featured > scroll to the bottom, click your account's email address and sign out.

5. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for this but this didn't work. I'm signed in to the right account but whenever I try and update it the other account pops up.

6. mhar997 macrumors newbie

Try clicking 'Updates' in the App Store and then selecting the single updates individually. (as opposed to 'Update All')

..and yes it'll kick you back to the home screen.

7. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid that doesn't work either. I've seen another couple of users with the same issue so I assume it's something small we're missing or its a bug.

8. dshad macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Did someone find the fix for that?

Thanks