App Estimation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rcasa, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Rcasa macrumors newbie

Rcasa

How many apps could I get onto a 32 Gb Itouch with 2,500 songs? Just wondering.

2. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

Unless you're using big apps like tomtom navigation, you'll probably never have to worry about ever having more than a few gigabytes of apps.

3. Rcasa thread starter macrumors newbie

Rcasa

Ok well let's say every app is a game. How many games would fit on 10gb?

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Well, games vary in size.
    Some are 2.7 Mbs (Not saying that's the smallest) and some can be 7.3 Mbs (Not saying that's the largest). But 10 Gbs should be enough. I mean, 10 Gbs is more capacity than the lowest model they have has, and yet people can survive with only 8 Gbs of both Music and Apps.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have this on my 8gb 2nd Gen. It might help....

Songs: 115 (just one playlist basically)
    Videos: 36, includes 2 movies, 5 TV episodes, and the rest are iTunes U stuff i added last night
    Apps: 150, no real huge ones - but honestly, i've never checked that aspect
    Photos: 43 low res

I still have 52.6mb available.

ETA: I have 2 "big" games on there - Monkey Island at 351.5mb and G-Force:Mooch Fly at 133.4, then it drops to Civilization Lite at 75.7mb. 10gb for apps is VERY generous in looking at my list sorted this way.

Attached Files:

6. Rcasa thread starter macrumors newbie

Rcasa

WOW! Thank you so much. That information was perfect. That tells me I can have lots of videos, lots of apps, and still over 20 GB for music or anything. Huge help!

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You should do fine... i have my whole library on my 30gb Video iPod, which is 3696 items at 14.41gb, then some games and still have room for lots of video. Video can for sure suck the space up - so it all depends on what you use setting wise.

I personally think i could be happy with the 32gb Touch, but am still pondering the 64 because i'm not sure i'll have the money again in a few years....

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

When I had my 32GB touch I had 120 applications, 1500 songs and 11 movies on it and still had 3+ GB left.