App Exposé Lion?

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Right now, App Exposé is different from the way it was in Snow Leopard. It (four finger swipe down) seems to only show windows of one application. Does anyone know how to change this back to the "show-all-minimized-and-maximized-windows" Snow Leopard mode? It's really bothering me.

WickedPuddin

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Right now, App Exposé is different from the way it was in Snow Leopard. It (four finger swipe down) seems to only show windows of one application. Does anyone know how to change this back to the "show-all-minimized-and-maximized-windows" Snow Leopard mode? It's really bothering me.
Go system prefrences>trackpad>more gestures>app expose

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
Nope.

This is my biggest gripe with Lion as well. If we could bring back All Windows Exposé I'll be happy.

Hopefully someone will come out with a fix in the not too distant future.

motoracer1486

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2006
I believe you're looking for "mission control". Go to system preferences>trackpad>more gestures>Mission Control (swipe up with 3 fingers)

WickedPuddin

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
I believe you're looking for "mission control". Go to system preferences>trackpad>more gestures>Mission Control (swipe up with 3 fingers)
No, he's looking for the original expose (not mission control) which can be found by

Go system prefrences>trackpad>more gestures>app expose

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
I'm pretty sure OP has confused "App Expose" with "All windows Expose".

As Lion is now, it is impossible to use Expose to display ALL windows from various applications on the desktop. It currently only works to display all the windows from one SINGLE application at a time.

karohan

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Mission control = all window expose + full screen windows
That's not really true. Mission Control groups together windows of apps, so you'll see windows overlapping each other if they belong to the same app. This makes it harder to choose particular windows that you want.

jingsk

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2011
That's not really true. Mission Control groups together windows of apps, so you'll see windows overlapping each other if they belong to the same app. This makes it harder to choose particular windows that you want.
Is that what all problems is? You should read this.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4721

Spread a cluster of Application windows or enlarge a single window.
Magic Trackpad – Two finger swipe up. Tip: Press the spacebar to Quick Look a highlighted window. Press the spacebar again exit Quick Look.
Magic Mouse – One finger swipe up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.