app expose + safari tabs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Loptimist, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Loptimist macrumors member

well, it seems like apple is pushing mission control to replace all window expose - collapsing all windows from a single app into a stack in expose mode.

i'm fine with it as long as apple allows two-finger scroll / three-finger scroll inside mission control to activate app expose. - in a sense, it saves users from activating two different triggers.

current 10.7: first mission control - select app you want - then app expose to choose the right window.

that's too many steps involved.

how about, activate mission control - hover to an app you want - two/three finger scroll up to activate app expose for that hovered app - then two/three finger scroll down to go back to mission control?

i think this is more natural.

in addition to this gesture, how about app expose to expand to tabs in safari?
    as I am looking at Safari app only in app expose mode, why not show me all the tabs into expose?

I don't know if this makes sense but this is what I thought while I was using Lion...

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

There are plugins that do tab expose, but none work very well.

I agree, it doesn't make sense that the two finger scroll over an app doesn't
    do an app expose. Why the windows are still overlapped like that is beyond me.

As a temporary solution: Instead of going to mission control followed by app expose, it's easier just to cmd-tab to your app and then do app expose. I do this when I know the app I'm using has a lot of windows open. Otherwise, Mission Control works fine.