App Folder No Name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greganpace, Oct 28, 2011.

1. greganpace macrumors regular

I am kind of OCD and when I upgraded to iOS 5 (I don't remember this happening with 4) I noticed that a couple of my app folders don't have names. The ones that don't are mostly the standard apps (phone, settings, app store, etc.) with maybe one or two extras in them. I definitely prefer not having a name below it, but I can not figure out how to remove the names of any of my other folders. I have tried to create new folders using different apps and tried to just leave a space where the name should go, but it just automatically enters the name I just deleted. It must be possible since I have two folders with no name, but I can not figure out how.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Just because you have a couple without names, doesn't mean it's possible. It could very well be a bug you encountered.

I just tried it as well and I can't get it to stay without a name in the field.

3. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I was able to name it as "." or "_" but not a space or no name.

4. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

You were able to do it in ios4 as I had all my folders without names just by using a 'space', but since ios5 you are unable to do this :(

5. greganpace thread starter macrumors regular

That's dumb. I don't want to name a folder finance when it also has my tosh.0 app and I also don't want 30 folders to be specific and I don't want 5 folders all called reference. it just looks more cluttered with the names...

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Just to point it out, that's not OCD - it's being nitpicky.