App for continuous audio recording

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PokerGuy, Sep 4, 2013.

1. PokerGuy macrumors member

Hi - am having a dispute with my neighbours over noise and would like to start recording the sound heard in my house 24 hrs a day, so if there is any allegation I can find the time and day and listen to it myself from my recordings. Is there an application that would do this and automatically date/time stamp it too?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

QuickTime Player X can do that, it can record as long as you want and have enough free storage capacity on your OS drive.

It will not put a time stamp to it other than the time and day it was created and modified, though than can be modified easily afterwards anyway.

3. PokerGuy thread starter macrumors member

Okay great - will give it a go - is it easy enough to go back and work out what noise was happening at a specific time though - presumably if I start it at say midnight and start another the next day at midnight I can just use the time display in QT to fast forward to the relevant hour/minute etc?

It wont be used as evidence or anything it is just mainly for my own recollection of what was going on at any given moment...