App for downloading from filesonic,depositfiles.com??

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Colors6, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Colors6 macrumors member

Hi,

I want an app to download files from sites like filesonic.com, depositfiles.com, etc.

I tried downloading a pdf file from the sites using atomic web browser app. It did not work. I changed the identify browser as setting to desktop safari. That did not help either.

Can anyone suggest an app for this?

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i thought atomic web browser allowed you to save direct to Dropbox? if that doesn't work, then i don't think there is a way to save files from iOS devices (non-jailbroken)

3. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

AWB allows to save locally to iPad as well. I have downloaded files locally on iPad using AWB.

I am having trouble downloading from the sites mentioned in my first post.

Does anyone have a theory as to why I am having problems downloading from the above mentioned sites?

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

ICab will let you download directly to it's sandbox and you can then open it in other apps like dropbox or others like good reader even as zip files.
    I use that all the time.

5. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Yes, I can verify that iCab let's you download files from fiesonic and rapidshare. I'm not sure about depositfiles as I haven't tried. iCab is an amazing browser for the iPad.

6. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

It's weird why AWB doesn't have a similar functionality.

Edit - just bought icab. Did not work either on depositfiles or filesonic. Getting network error on filesonic.
    What am I doing wrong?

7. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

*bump*. Can anyone suggest an app which downloads from sites like depositfiles,filesonic.com??

iCab, AWB do not seem to be able to d/l from these sites!! :(

Any suggestions would be most welcome!!!

8. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

Found it!! There is an app called downloads HD.

Don't waste money on browsers like AWB, iCab like I did!!

There is a lite version. Try that and then when you are satisfied get Downloads HD. it cost 3 bucks.

9. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

In iCab, just long press your finger on the download link until the contextual menu comes up. Then click on the "download file" option.

10. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I've dled from Megaupload in atomic, but if you switch out of the app during the dl it screws it up. Lame. Is icab better about this?