App for dual displays: iMac and TV

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ilikecorn500, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ilikecorn500 macrumors member

ilikecorn500

Hey, I have my iMac hooked up to my HDTV with a very long HDMI cable across my living room, and I was wondering if there was a Mac app that would be able to either allow you to set presets to open specific apps (like Chrome), go to a specific webpage (like Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, etc.), and move the app to a separate screen (my TV), or just allow you to set keyboard shortcuts that would move apps to different screens. (Jeez, now I realize that that was a really long sentence.)

I have DoublePane from the Mac App Store, and it says it works like that for dual displays, but it doesn't for me. I probably haven't investigated it enough.

Please give me anything you can think of for this solution. Thanks! :) :apple:

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

3. ilikecorn500 thread starter macrumors member

ilikecorn500

4. ilikecorn500 thread starter macrumors member

ilikecorn500

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok, I found BetterSnapTool on the app store for $1.99. Gonna try it out.

5. tootall macrumors regular

So how is BetterSnapTool? Is it a bit cumbersome??

6. ilikecorn500 thread starter macrumors member

ilikecorn500

Yes

BetterSnapTool works well, but if you are forgetful, you will forget the keyboard shortcuts, if you set any. I just decided to make a separate "TV" user on my Mac, put bookmarks on my desktop, and set a good resolution for the user so I can actually see things on my TV.