App for international texting

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Neo2741, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Neo2741 macrumors newbie

What are a few freetext apps I could use to text internationly. Do they exist?

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

If by "international texting" you mean being able to send SMS in local languages, have you tried to set up the correct keyboards in Preferences (General\International\Keyboards) then selecting the "world" icon (just to the right of the space bar) in the sms application.

3. Neo2741 thread starter macrumors newbie

i want to be able to send texts to my wife in another country. i downloaded a few apps and they can only send to the states.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I know http://www.FishText.com have one, but it's not in the App Store yet - should show up any day now, touch wood.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I've been using Yahoo! IM on Beejive and I can send SMS messages to Asia really easy and FREE. It works incoming and outgoing SMS to my app, not to mention it has push. Which country are you sending it to? You might wanna try Yahoo! IM to check it out, then purchase Beejive if your country is included.

6. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

You can use the skype app. It's very cheap. You can check out their rates.

7. Neo2741 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm trying to send to South Korea. I've tried skype, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I think I'll give yahoo a shot. Thank you

8. top-dawg macrumors newbie

FishText is in the app store now. It's not exactly free, but it's the cheapest paid for service around at the moment. So if you wanted the reliability of the message being sent to South Korea i would take a look at it.