App for...mail alert in task bar.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gkf9, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Gkf9 macrumors member

Getting confused with what works and doesn't ie notifier etc.

I've got intelliscreen installed at the moment and it's causing problems with other apps, so just want something to show me I have mail in the task bar without opening the phone.

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

3. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

I second that. It works great for me!

4. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Cydia app Notifier (not Status Notifier) will do this. While some of the features are broken (repeating alerts are not working for me), the status bar alerts seem to be working as expected.

In the app, all you need to do is enable the 'Use Statusbar Icon' option for each of the services you want monitored (mail, SMS, missed calls, voicemail, IM, calendar alerts, MMS). The nice part of Notifier is that you can add services for it to monitor. You just need to know the app's Bundle Identifier.

I have it also watching TextNow.....and the status bar is updating for it (but not the repeating alert I've set up).

One confusing part is that the SpringBoard app name is actually 'Reminder'.

HTH.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Is Reminder where you're able to go in and change settings? Mine crashes every time and won't launch. Email notifications are (so far) the only thing not working.

6. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Yes.

FWIW, I'm on a 3Gs on 4.0.1. Reminder opens and configures fine for me, it's just that the repeating alerts don't work (like setting an alert to sound every 5 minutes until I check the incoming SMS).

But, the status bar alerts otherwise work fine (except for the Vibrate On/Off switch setting that can also be set to display it's status in the status bar).

Notifier is almost always updated 'late' after a jailbreak is released. As far as I remember, the dev also writes iBlacklist (a paid app), and once iBlacklist is stable on the latest iOS that's jailbroken, he's always turned his attention to updating Notifier (here's hoping he does again).

7. systimax macrumors newbie

I agree Intelliscreen will disconect my skype call on the iphone if i have alerts set up.

Im not sure if its the alert or the initial email put it hangs up skype because there was another app using a sound notification. At least that the what skype says

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

OK, thanks for that. Hopefully he'll be able to get it updated soon. :)