App for Note Taking & PDF Notes

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ryan O, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Ryan O macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am currently in search of an application that is both for taking free form notes as well as opening PDFs and allowing notes and annotation. Can anyone recommend the best app for both functions? I highly appreciate any assistance. Thank you!

Ryan

2. epicmar macrumors regular

I currently am resigned to have to rely on two apps working together - GoodReader for annotating PDF docs and Notebooks for iPad for note taking and tasks - you can easily create links from notes in Notebooks to annotated PDFs in GoodReader. Notebooks can already store and view lots of file types including PDFs. A future release of Notebooks is suppose to add the ability to annotate PDFs, so I am hopeful that it might eventually allow a one app solution.

3. Syk macrumors 6502a

I think UPAD allows both. Notes Plus is said to be adding the pdf markup in an update.

I bought Notes Plus and it's pretty nice or at least it works for my needs. Hopefully the update will add PDf and also is suppose to add dropbox support

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

iAnnotate is my app of choice for annotating pdf's.

I used Notes Plus for a while for free-form notes, but I'm leaning toward eNote Taker now. The dev is active on this forum and receptive to ideas for updates.

5. ynblood macrumors member

6. 9squareworkshop macrumors member

9squareworkshop

DocAS = Goodreader + Notes Plus.

★★ Document Reader ★★ ★★ PDF Annotate ★★
    ★★ Drag-and-Drop document management ★★
    ★★ Handwriting ★★
    ★★ Note Taker ★★
    ★★ PDF Export ★★
    ★★ Printing ★★
    ★★ Data Backup&Restore ★★

7. FAsnakes macrumors regular

Have you figured out how to remove the iAnnotate footer at the bottom of the doc?

Kinda annoying,

8. FAsnakes macrumors regular

BTW , I should also mention.. I downloaded an update to Iannotate which apparently allows for voice annotations and added features..

I love when developers continue to enhance product with added features.

9. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

What footer?

10. FAsnakes macrumors regular

I figured it out.. By default after emailing a marked up doc there's a footer that says 'created by iAnnotate' or something like that.

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I love Notes Plus, and it's supposed to be getting PDF capabilities in July.

12. gcastell macrumors newbie

uPad and Note Taker Plus

I owned a lot of apps for note taking (yes, I am that guy) and I've found that currently the best that give you both features is uPad. Note Taker Plus provides the same functionality but I don't like the UI.

As other, I love Notes Plus and their coming update (end of July) will support PDF annotation. If you can't wait, I recommend uPad.

13. macjacky11 macrumors member

I like Upad and Notes plus as well.