App for Photo Downloading

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Halfring, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Halfring macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I just bought an iphone 3Gs and I'm having trouble downloading pictures to my PC. Is there an app that makes this easier?:)

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

There are several, but you don't need them.

1) Connect your phone to your PC. IF iTunes opens, close it!
    2) If you have photos in the camera roll on your phone, your PC should recognize your phone as a camera and give you a popup with the option to open your photo editor. If you don't get the popup, open your photo editor manually.
    3) Click on the "camera" tab in your photo editor and select get photos, this should give you another window that will allow you to select all photos, or just the ones that you want.
    4) After the photos have downloaded to your computer, you can separate them into folders, witch can then be selected in iTunes and later synced back to your phone.
    There is also an application, http://www.getsharepod.com/, that you can install on your PC that will get the photos if you have trouble with this.
    Check your PC, to make sure that the photos downloaded, before deleting from your phone.