App for play live videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umbilical, Sep 14, 2008.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hi there, I help a band, I projection some animations in a big screen when they play live, I use dvd player, beacuse they help to show in full screen in a big monitor... the controls I have in the macbook... but I need a software that help me of this way:

by example I play 1 video, in the middle of the song I need insert another video with some transition... you know make changes in the videos, the problem is that some days the band play more fast or more slow depends of the mood ... so I need match the videos with the music?

any app for make that video changes when play live?

thanks

2. dilbert4life macrumors regular

dilbert4life

well.....

Try using Quicktime instead; That is of course if you are using homemade videos that you can rip to your hard drive and then have multiple quicktime windows open with each video that you want to play open on it.

I would also recommend getting a second display, and have the projector mirror that screen, instead of just mirroring your main screen from the macbook. That way, You can still be playing a video on the second screen (mirrored to the projector) and be getting the next video ready on the main laptop screen. Let me know if that works out for you.