App for reading Forum sites

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jelsoft Sux, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Jelsoft Sux macrumors member

I probably visit a dozen or so Forum sites on a regular basis. But I HATE going to Forum site on the iPhone (for obvious reasons). I've been looking on the iTunes store for a Forum Reader app but have only seen a few options. I would think there would be more demand for such and app and more apps available. Unfortunately, none of the ones available sound all that great either with limited site (protocols) support and poor reviews.

Has anyone purchased one and has any additional feedback they'd like to share?

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. Jelsoft Sux thread starter macrumors member

Obviously I've seen that app and a couple others. I know what's available, what I want to see is what other users on here are using and their opinions.

4. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

The "Forums" app sucks. It barely works on less than half the vBulletin forums I threw at it, and of those, very limited functionality. Half the time I'd reply to a thread, and if it didn't crash, it would say posted, but it never posted anything. For 99 cents, MAYBE, but definitely not for $5. And to think, I paid $10. waste of money

5. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I am beta testing the next version of the Forums app for the developer. Looks like they have made a lot of improvements... so I would just hang tight for now. I don't know of any other similar apps out there right now.