App for recording what neighbor owes me?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Doju, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I mow my neighbor's lawn, and I'd love to have an app that could when I click something automatically record the date I did the lawn, the cost (it's always the same) and then total them up until she pays me. When she pays me I can delete them and start over.

This would be great. Now I'm using the calendar, but it's not as automatic as a dedicated app could be.

Price is no option!

2. return7 macrumors 6502

Eh, BillMinder would do that only you would be recording someone else's bills..haha.

3. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

As helpful as that was. Wait, it wasn't.

I already use a calendar. Having an app to automatically record all the amount she owes me, the dates, etc. A bit more convenient than your useless method.

EDIT: Downloaded Billminder.

4. return7 macrumors 6502

Thanks! Please leave a review on the store and feel free to contact us if you need help!

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

What you are looking for is pretty specialized. Have you thought about writing it yourself?

6. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

Notes app for what day
    Calculator app for total

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

8. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I'm with Gilkisson, GlassBullet, and sinsin07. Suck it up and spend 5 seconds simply writing down the stuff. Heck, if you can manage the time you could do the basic math problem to add up the total on paper too :rolleyes:

Nate

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could just get Documents 2 or some other free app that has a spreadsheet in it. Assuming you know how to use basic Excel functions, you can do anything you want.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

My suggestion would be to use Excel on the computer to keep track and perform calculations.

Then on the iPhone the OP could use Notes, record the info, then e-mail to himself.

11. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

You can you Bento. It can access your iCal events, and you can create a "smart collection" that grabs all the events of a particular kind (based on title, date range, whatever). You would then have one screen from which you access all the mowing jobs, and you could even mark which events were paid, and what the total owed is.

Bento's forums are very helpful. I don't much like the company, but it would work for you. It's only $50.

There are a ton of other invoicing and client management apps out there. Possibly iBiz. Search macworld.com. They have lots of reviews.