App for tracking finances

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Patriks7, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Hello everyone.

I have had my iPad for about 4 months now, and since I also have an iPhone and Mac, I am working on integrating them together as best as possible. I am having trouble finding an app that is available on all three devices (but at least iPhone and iPad), which will allow me to track my expenses. I have found apps that work pretty great on one device (like Cashflow), but so far I have not found anything that would sync the data between my devices. My current solution is to write this stuff into Notes on my iPhone and then rewrite it onto my iPad in the evening, but it's very cumbersome (and unsafe).

So anyone know of an app that does what I'm looking for?

2. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

How about keeping it in a Numbers spreadsheet? Then you can keep it in sync via iCloud.

3. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I don't know how extensive you are wanting to go, but there is mint.com and it's apps.

4. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I'm actually starting to think this might be my only option.

I looked at that, but supposedly it is not available in my country.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

7. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

I used to use Mint, but then my bank (USAA) added what's basically the same thing to my normal online banking. Now I just use that.

8. bgro macrumors 6502a

Pocketmoney

Has a universal iphone/ipad app and there's an in app purchase that allows sync between devices (over wifi I believe). It's a pretty good app and has a lot of functionality. Also has a desktop version ($20 I believe).

9. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Thanks, I tried that but the wifi sync is super annoying, it would be easier just using Numbers. But I'm currently in the process of testing a couple apps I found which provide "cloud" syncing, so I'll see how they work out.