APP for....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Afbar1114, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I am looking for an app that will give me all the stats of my computer: Temp, HDD, SDD, Ram, stuff like that all in one place

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery, temps, fan speeds and much more.

3. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ISTAT pro site isnt working

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Strange! It usually works. I'd give it some time and try again.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

As I posted the islayer site is down at the moment, but it should be back soon..Once again cross posted with GGJ......De Ja Vu...:)

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

They're right, I did an update yesterday and downloaded the plugin(?) for the temp measurement on the CPU and immediately afterwards my SystemUI kept crashing. I tried going to the site to see what/where the plugin installed but it was down for a while, I may try again today.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It appears the developer's site may be permanently gone, but you can still download the latest version of iStat Pro here: iStat Pro

9. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

iSlayer and Bjango are the same. iStat Pro has been discontinued, sadly. It still works, but requires a few tweaks if you want the graphical bars to look proper and if you want the external IP detection to function. There's a thread on these forums with instructions on how to make the edits.

10. GGJstudios, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, here's the thread: Istat Pro replacement?. Specifically this post shows how to fix the processes for ML. For the external IP fix, there are a few posts, so I'll combine the info so you don't have to dig.
    1. Open the following file in TextEdit: /Users/yourusername/Library/Widgets/iStat Pro.wdgt/scripts/core.js
    2. Command-F to find whatsmyip.islayer.com and replace it with ip.bjango.com.
    3. Close and save changes.
    4. Close and reopen the iStat Pro widget.