App game suggestion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MohtasaUnique, Sep 3, 2008.

1. MohtasaUnique macrumors newbie

Here's the concept (I'd make it myself if I knew how to code/program;])

It would be called FireFly Touch.
    The object is to use the multi-touch feature to "capture" virtual fireflies and drop the in a color coded space in each corner. The object is to use three fingers to form a triangle around one more more of the same colored fireflies and drop then into the same colored collection area.
    I'm pretty decent in photoshop so I made a basic and very quick sketch of what the main object is...
    [​IMG]
    (The game would be played with the iPod tilted on it's side as you can see)
    All the while the other bugs are moving around smoothly and gracefully (which would be the whole focus of the game is grace) and you press and hold with three fingers to capture them. After that you let go (the triangle would stay there) and it's moved to the correct color drop.

Of course it needs huge gameplay adjustments and changes to make it a fair but challenging game.

Tell me what you think and give me ideas on how to expand on this...

2. MohtasaUnique thread starter macrumors newbie

So... no ideas...? Comments, criticism, insults, mocks, NODS OF AGREEMENTS? D:
    /disappointed

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

It looks pretty good so far, but maybe if you stop the fireflies from moving when you touch the screen it could be much easier. Maybe make this an option in Settings? Also, if you make the dots look more like fireflies with lights with the color they are, it would be much more realistic. Also, on the topic of realism, you could make the dots in the corners little jars with colored lids. Thats my $.02, but I am loving how it looks so far. It's way better than anything I could ever hope to make with my nonexistant app creation skills. (The best I have ever done is tweak a dashboard widget with Dashcode)

BTW, I like the background you chose, and good luck.