App help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Raishi, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Raishi macrumors member

I don't know if this belongs in "accessories" or "help" since I'm asking for help finding an app. So sorry in advance if this is the wrong place.

anyways.

Hello I'm looking for a voice control app, that will belike / do

1. Be like Siri or Vlingo available in Canada(vlingo is), but no internet/data required for simple commands like "call" or "text"

and/or

2. be able to acess other apps and start a function I told it... like "find me coffee, then use my Navigon app instead of defaulting to google maps."

is this possible? or even out? and why do half these things need to be online? for example dragon dictation why can't it just be a simple tool that will not consume my data?

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

You do realise that if you press and hold the Home button on your iPhone (3GS or above) you'll be able to give a limited number of voice commands such as "call xxx"?

This functionality might be improved upon in iOS 5.

Regarding the other point in your question - I'm not sure of any other apps, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Cheers,

RTP.

3. Raishi thread starter macrumors member

yeah I know about the home button thing... but I find it to be very shoddy so I am hoping for ios 5.

the app to control or activate other apps is more what I was thinking... god I wish navigon would get the same tech as siri or vlingo...

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Siri Maps and Directions Not Working in Canada

When you ask Siri for directions in Canada it says "Sorry ... I can't provide maps and directions in Canada"!! :( :mad: