app HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nunes013, Jun 29, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

im going on vacation, about a twelve hour drive plus a week in a rented house, going to some restaurants so i got urbanspoon, what r some good travel apps that would help while im away, this is my first iphone

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

I use "Where To?" every time I travel to a city I'm not familar with.

3. PlaneCrazy macrumors member

I like "Hear Planet" for some local history and interesting facts (depending on where you're going)

"Flixster" is great for finding local movie theaters if you encounter a rainy day and need to find something to do.

"Google Earth" can be a fun way to see in more detail your surroundings

If you're going to the beach, there are a variety of tidal calendar apps. I must have taken mine off so I can't tell you what it's called. But that can make a real difference in planning your day, and where to place your umbrella. :)

"The Weather Channel" app (the free one) is another I use all the time while on vacation.

If you're going to be in a city where you might go out to eat, "Open Table" has been a life-saver for finding a reservation at the last minute and seeing which restaurants have openings. Their list of participating restaurants is definitely larger in larger cities.

And pick up the app Flashlight so you can find your way around in the dark of a strange house.

Just a few suggestions

4. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

those are great, right now i have mapquest, open table, yelp, urbanspoon, where, and around me, plus the few you guys said, thanks for all your help!!!