App Idea Rejected, What do you think?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Apple2, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Apple2 macrumors member

Apple2

Hello all:

I am a software developer, and recently had my app rejected. The app is fairly simple, but in my opinion is funny. The app is a picture of an electrical outlet, and when you tap it, it vibrates the phone. The app was rejected because

"We found that the features and/or content of your app were not useful or entertaining enough, or your app did not appeal to a broad enough audience, to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines."

I am just wondering if you would find this app amusing, and if enough people do, I might be able to get this pushed through the appeal process and onto the app store.

Thank you,

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I find it less than entertaining. As a matter of fact, it seems pointless. I agree with Apple on this one.

3. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

I agree with Jessica.

Maybe if you made a game out of it or something like,
    outlet-bad=vibrate if you touch
    cat-good=ding if you touch
    mean cat-bad=don't touch, if you do it vibrates
    stove top-bad=pass by DING

You can use this as a learning tool or make a game where you have to decide on a speed test or something. I can see some potential with something like that, not as simple as you wanted maybe, but this would appeal to a wide range of people.

I'll be expecting my 30%

Thank you. :D

4. eawmp1, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I flick my phone's mute switch on and it makes the phone vibrate. Never been amused by it.

Think big...tilting the phone makes a beer pouring sound. Or shaking the phone makes boobies jiggle. Then you'll have something.

5. Apple2 thread starter macrumors member

Apple2

Thanks for the input guys! I guess I'll just bin this one. I find it funny, so I'll just keep the binary on my iPhone, and start working on another project.

6. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Good attitude. Keep us posted of new projects. Good luck.