App instalaltion trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saturn88, Nov 3, 2017.

1. saturn88 macrumors 6502

I am trying to install an app (any app). I am new to iPhone: switching from Galaxy...
    After I click Get button next to an app in App Store, It takes me to this screen and says "double click to install". What am I supposed to "double click"? I tried to double-click on everything: on app icon, on the actual "double-click to install" sign, on everything! ...but nothing happens.

upload_2017-11-3_23-43-16.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

It looks like the double click prompt graphic lines up with the side button on the right. Have you tried double clicking it?

3. saturn88 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have. Still, nothing happens. Thanks for your reply.

4. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

Yes you should double klick the side button, this lets faceId approve your iTunes purchase.

5. saturn88 thread starter macrumors 6502

The side button does not come out. And it's not clickable in any way. I have even tried to restart the phone. It seems I can't install any app. Thanks for your reply.

6. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

Does your side button work at all ?
    like turning the iPhone on and off ?

7. saturn88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, so you guys meant that hardware side button (power)! I thought the "double click to install" sign refers to that white soft button bouncing on the side! So yes, when I double click the hardware button it does work! I was able to proceed with the installation. Thank you so much!

I believe the reason of my confusion: I didn't expect a hardware button to be used for app installation.

Perhaps the sign should say "double click the Power button to activate the faceId approval"

8. Danielkg macrumors newbie

Yes. It’s for Apple Pay to start then uses Face ID