Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
The name is "Libretto - Lyric Finder", I don't want to make it seem like I am trying to promote it so I won't link it.

My app finally hit the store yesterday, but it's not showing up the category I set it under "Music". You can search for it, it's under my developer name, and you can send a direct link, but why isn't it showing up in the listing? It was "released" on the 17th, and if you browse the applications that were launched on the 17th it won't be there.

(Link to Music category)
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewGenre?id=6011&mt=8

Any idea why my app isn't showing up? I feel I am loosing sales here :(

Garrett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
What did you set the Availability Date to, when you submitted the app via iTunes Connect?

It says the 17th of June, so I guess that's why. But how are we supposed to know when it will get approved? Can I change it to the 18th and not have it off the store?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
It says the 17th of June, so I guess that's why. But how are we supposed to know when it will get approved? Can I change it to the 18th and not have it off the store?
You won't know when it's supposed to get approved. So, the general practice is that when it is, go into iTunes Connect and reset the availability date to the current date. You should be able to change the date to anything not in the future and it will not disappear from the store. It may take a few hours for the changes you make in iTunes Connect to show up in the iTunes Store, however; so, be patient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.