App like Samsung Scrapbook

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by docc, Jan 17, 2016.

1. docc macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

There's an excellent feature in the Samsung tablets and phones which support S pen, where we can selectively screen capture a specific area of the screen and organise it neatly into categories within the Scrapbook app.

This is extremely useful when browsing websites or reading books with images. For me particularly, I use this for saving pictures from various medical books and articles (important facts).

I have an iPad pro and I think this would be a fantastic feature to have on it. I haven't come across anything similar so far, so was wondering if anyone knows of any application with similar features.

Thanks in advance.

2. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I like this feature too, would love to see this perhaps added to the Apple notes with the Pencil. I have been looking for something similar, you can clip in Notability but you are probably aware of that.

3. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply.

Notability adds web clips and that's a very primitive feature. There's an app called screenshots testing which automatically captures pictures from screenshots. I'm currently using that for scrapbooking quickly but it's still not an ideal solution.

I haven't found any other good screenshot apps that can do something similar.

4. bensisko macrumors 65816

I use OneNote to take/insert screenshots and add notes.

5. docc, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you import pdf's into onenote?

Also, how does one take selective screenshots in onenote on the iPad pro?

6. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yes, you can insert PDFs (and other files). Haven't played with it a lot though.

For screenshots, I do a screenshot of the entire screen, then crop on import.

7. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, but that's still nowhere close to the convenience of the scrapbook feature.

Really missing it and hope a similar app is released on iOS.