App Logo wont change

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Theclamshell, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Hey everyone,

I was trying some Logo's out for an application and I have finally made one I like. I can drag the images into xcode fine and set them as logo's. The problem is when I run the app on my iPhone 4 and the ios 4.2 simulator it's not showing me the updated logo, but one of the earlier ones which looks horrible. I have deleted all the old logo's off my HD and they are still showing up. I have also deleted the app form the phone and simulator. What can I do to fix this? It's really starting to anger me.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

3. Theclamshell, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

Theclamshell thread starter macrumors 68030

I tried to do a clean build and the problem persists. I might just make a new project and transfer the files over because i'm stuck

Edit: I could not resolve the issue so I just started a new project. It works fine now. Thanks for the help as always dejo.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You're welcome, although I'm not sure how much help I was in this case. Glad to hear you got something worked out, although I'm still somewhat concerned you had to go to such extreme measures to get solution. I'm not saying you did anything wrong; just that it shouldn't be that hard. Every once in a while, Xcode can be rather frustrating, huh?

5. RonC macrumors regular

Two thoughts beyond clean build that come to mind are to a) delete the app from the phone/simulator, or b) deleting the app and rebooting the device/simulator. The prior icon may be cached on the device/simulator.

Ron C

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Seems the OP already tried that:
    :)

7. RonC macrumors regular

(OOPS - Maybe next time I'll actually read and understand the entire post before stepping in it.)

It could still be caching - reboot? (he didn't try that one, did he??? I read it this time and I don't see reboot mentioned ;)

8. Theclamshell thread starter macrumors 68030

I'll give you guys a nice laugh :p I was deleting the old files from the side and pressing delete and removing the references. What I was not doing is removing the icon files from the info tab!! It works now. I did start a new project but I went back to the old one when I realized what was wrong :D :eek: